Saturday, September 18, 2010

Victim Describes Attack By Two Pit Bulls

OHIO -- For the first time, the Xenia woman who was attacked by two pit bull dogs, talked about what happened.

Linda McGaughey is recovering at her daughter's home. As it turned out, her son-in-law is a recent nursing school graduate and has been nursing her back to help.

She is surprisingly upbeat, despite having hundreds of stitches and a lot of pain. "I just prayed. I thought they were going to kill me," said McGaughey.


McGaughey talked about the attack Tuesday morning near King and West Second Street in Xenia.
She was outside of the John Sale apartment complex, where she works as a property manager and lives. She said she dropped to the ground to try and protected herself and her dog.

"It was like a horror movie with them coming at me with their fangs exposed, charging me. It was horrific," Linda said.

McGaughey was mauled, "They knocked me down. I laid on top of him. With my elbows, I tried to keep him quiet and I just kept chanting and crying, 'somebody help me. somebody help me.'

Someone heard her screams and called police.

"I could feel what they were doing to my legs. I just tried not to move the slightest bit, because I thought that would aggravate them and it would get worse," said McGaughey.

A Xenia officer shot one of the dogs after it charged at him. The other dog was taken away by animal control.

The owner of the pit bulls contacted WHIO-TV and said he felt very sorry about what happened to McGaughey.

McGaughey said, "Yes, I fault the owner for not making sure the dogs were properly confined and supervised."

The owner told us via email, the he was not at home and the dogs were confined inside, but got out. McGaughey said she deserves more than an apology.

"He needs to pay retribution. He needs to be held responsible and accountable," Linda said.

The case will likely be review by prosecutors. No charges have been filed.

(WHIO - September 17, 2010)

Earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment