Thursday, December 1, 2016

Texas: Man attacked by pit bull that showed no aggressive behavior until biting

TEXAS -- Sunday, I was *brutally attacked* by a dog...

Ok, so it wasn't too brutal, but it *was* a pit bull, so there's that...

I was handing out fliers for my Church's Christmas party, and this dog got me.

You know how its like slow motion? This dog got up out of the shadows, and walked toward me. I actually thought to myself "he is just coming up to lick me or something."

And then he, just as casually, bit me, right on the knee.

Dog didn't display any obvious signs of aggression -- until he attacked.

Anyway, I am new to the College Station area, and I don't have a doctor yet. I went to CapRock ER, and I just wanted to say that I had a very good experience.

I don't have the best insurance, and I was worried about the cost, but the receptionist at the front desk, Becca (IIRC, I'm bad with names) was very helpful, and helped me work it out so the visit didn't break the bank.

I had first tried to stop by an urgent care facility, but they refused me treatment. They wanted to give me a full rabies course (which I think is overkill), but didn't have one in stock, so they refused treatment. Needless to say, I won't be going back there...

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is "look carefully to make sure there isn't a dog before approaching a house." It is Texas, after all, and we take our home security and property rights seriously. Also, whatever nonsense people say about pitbulls being a nice breed, the truth is that their bite is worse than their bark... I wouldn't care to get in a fight with one, and I won't be approaching one any time soon.