Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Rhode Island: Couple walking their Chihuahua on Easter Sunday horrified when pit bull runs up and locks its jaws around the little dog's neck and shoulder, killing her

RHODE ISLAND -- A Harrisville man claims a pit bull attacked and killed his Chihuahua Sunday morning.

"It's devastating. She was a nice dog and she was a great pet," said the chihuahua's owner, Russell Olivo.

Olivo told NBC 10 News he and his wife were walking their Chihuahua on West Ironstone Road near their home at around 10:30 a.m. on Easter Sunday.


"All of a sudden a large brindle pit bull came charging full tilt, totally unprovoked, and it was clearly focused on my dog. My dog was on the ground and this dog's jaw was locked around its neck and shoulder. It wouldn't let go.

"The owners quickly came out after the dog. They tried to unlock the dog's jaw from my dog and I also tried. The dog lost interest so I took my dog, cradled her in my arms, and she really just bled to death right in my arms," said Olivo.

On Monday, Burrillville Police said the incident is under investigation, the pit bull has been taken away, and a vicious dog hearing has been scheduled for some time next week.

An owner of the pit bull allegedly responsible for the Chihuahua's death said "no comment" before ordering a NBC 10 reporter off his property.

(Turnto10 - April 17, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment