Saturday, June 10, 2017

Minnesota: Two Pit Bulls and a Pit Bull German Shepherd mix mauled another dog and the city of Cloquet did NOTHING. Now they've mauled a beautiful little Sheltie to death and they're actually considering giving the killer dogs back to the owner AGAIN.

MINNESOTA -- A nice evening walk turned into tragedy for dog owner, Kayla Wennesson, Monday afternoon. As she was walking her dog, Kaito, three dogs - TWO PIT BULLS AND A GERMAN SHEPHERD MIX - ran across the street and attacked.

It happened on the 400 block of 8th St. in Cloquet, two blocks from her mom's house. It's an image that will never leave her head.

"It was just the most horrifying thing I've ever experienced and I didn't know that was going to be the last time I was going to hold him alive," Wenneson said.


 

She could only watch helplessly, as her dog fought for his life.

"I kept hitting the dogs with my feet and hitting the tops of the heads with their leash," Wenneson said. "They didn't even know I was there. They were just in attack mode to kill my dog."

She said Kaito had no chance against the German Shepard mix and two Pit bulls. Police said this isn't the first time these dogs have been violent. Another woman and her dog were attacked on May 9, but her dog survived.

The three Pit Bulls are owned by Steve Woollett, Kathy Woollett and their adult daughter Amber Woollett, who all live in the same household.


"Since this has happened again, paperwork is being submitted to certify those dogs as dangerous dogs," Commander Derek Randall of the Cloquet Police Department said.

Why didn't you do anything the first time???

To own a dangerous dog in the state of Minnesota, the requirements include a proper enclosure, warning signs and insurance.

Ooh some signs. That'll do the trick! Proper enclosures. Hmm OK well when they say they'll just keep the maulers in the house, then what? And insurance? Big deal it's about $600/year. THEY NEED TO BE EUTHANIZED NOW.

"There's also a possibility that they will be put down which is part of our city ordinance if we have animals that are attacking or have attacked or killed other domestic animals," Randall said.

The three dogs are being held at the Cloquet Animal Shelter for ten days while they finish the investigation.

Thanks Cloquet, Minnesota for doing NOTHING!

APOLOGIST
"It's not that I'm against pit bulls or anything," Wenneson said. "I really do think it is a matter of the owner and how they train their dog."

This article/interview I believe was done before the comments on Facebook. Therefore, I think she was like most victims of Pit Bull attacks. They simply had NO clue how many animals, children and people are mauled and killed by Pit Bulls. They went about their life, maybe came across the occasional Pit Bull that belonged to a friend and thought nothing of it. 

Based on her FB comments I think she understands the truth: IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO THE OWNER IS. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW THEY "TRAIN" THEIR DOG. OR RAISE IT. 

It is inherent in the breed just like a Border Collie - and SHELTIE - wants to herd things. Just like they use Bloodhounds to track people rather than Yorkies. Just like Pointers point. You cannot "untrain" 100s of years of selective breeding by treating it kindly as you raise it. Can you raise a tiger from a cub and expect it to not want to kill people? Of course not. You cannot do this with these types of dogs either.


THESE PEOPLE, I'M SURE, WOULD ARGUE THAT THEY DIDN'T ABUSE THEIR PIT BULL, THAT THEY "RAISED IT RIGHT" WITH "LOVE AND WITH CHILDREN AND OTHER PETS", THAT IT WAS "TRAINED" TO BE KIND AND GOOD AND A LOVING FAMILY PET - AND YET ONE DAY, THEIR PIT BULL DECIDED TO KILL THEM, THEIR CHILDREN, THEIR PETS, THEIR NEIGHBORS, AND/OR THEIR NEIGHBOR'S PETS





























HOW MANY MORE EXAMPLES DO YOU
NEED TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH?

While the shock is still raw, Kayla just hopes that something is done so this won't happen again.

Police said if you know of any neighborhoods or homes that may have dangerous dogs, contact them or animal control.

Yeah contact them. But they won't do anything.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Kayla Wenneson posted on Facebook June 5, 2017 ·

No animal deserves to die this way. Baby boy, baby boy.. I don't know where to start but no words will describe the love I have and always will have for you.:(

I was walking my dog on our usual route we have walked for years. We were just a few blocks away from home when 3 pit bulls came out of no where / escaped the kennel they were locked in and attacked him. Watching my entire world get fought over like a chew toy was the most traumatizing thing I have ever experinced.

He looked right in to my eyes like he was begging me to get them off of him and I tried. I tried and tried and tried and I wish I would have tried harder because now he is gone and I don't know what to do. He didn't deserve it. He was the best dog I have ever owned. I still can not grasp that he is gone.. 


Rest in peace baby boy. I am not okay without you right now. I wish I would have known it was our last walk.

Kayla Wenneson - I'm literally covered in his blood right now at the hospital to get cleaned up from getting bit by one of the dogs. I know not to get in to a dog fight but he was dying and I could hear it with the noises he was making and I just :( I just dont know why something like this would happen to him.

Katie Fagan - Oh my god I'm so sorry, Kayla. Did you call the police to report those dogs? 💔😓😢

Kayla Wenneson - Oh my mom and I are taking them to court, no doubt

Allie Pybas - Please please please report the dogs to the police. It makes my heart so sad knowing he went through that with you present. Not being able to help your baby must have been the most impossible thing. I wouldn't want it to happen to any other person or animal. The owners need to take responsibility for what happened. Ugh my heart is heavy for you. Prayers! 💕

Kayla Wenneson - Yes. Exactly. Thank you for understanding:( watching the thing you love most die and suffer and not be able to do anything as youre trying your hardest.. I seriously hope no one ever has to go through that, I'm still in shock and have not accepted he is dead:( we are for sure taking them to court. I think the dog is getting put down anyways tho since it wasn't its first attack.

Denise Lindau Agenter - Oh sweetie! I'M SO SO SORRY! ☹ You did as much as you could for him. One pit bull would have been too much. You were a brave mommy and he knows how much you love him and that you fought for him honey. I can't imagine the trauma. You know I am always here for you. I love you and I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you are ok. I'm sure you didn't realize how dangerous it was for you because of your little guy. As sad and horrible as it is I'm thankful you are still alive ♡ please let me know if you need anything.

Kayla Wenneson - Oh god I hope he knows how hard I tried to save his life it was so hard cause I was in shock too:( the vet said he was in such shock he probably didn't feel anything which I pray to god is true:( he was such a sweet boy, the best boy I have ever ever had. He was my best friend and he didn't deserve it. I wish so bad we wouldn't have walked down that block or ended our walk earlier. I wish so bad i knew that was going to be the last time I ever saw him:( I wish he was With me right now being his usual happy self and this never happened:( thank you Denise.

Kayla Wenneson - Just for an update to everyone since this was in the paper. After making this post, the cop called to inform me the woman standing on the lawn was a neighbor dropping off mail and the owner was in his house supposedly not knowing anything was going on as I was screaming bloody murder for 10-20 minutes straight. It is frustrating this neighbor did not call the cops or try to go inside and get the owner or do anything other than stand there staring. I was also then informed how one of the dogs was a German shepherd mix and the other two were pits. Although this information doesn't really matter because the main point is my perfect, sweet, innocent baby was murdered by dogs who were out for blood and to kill. I just wanted to clarify that. I am meeting with my lawyer today and have already sent him all the information possible. Thank you to everyone for your support. I'm just trying to distract myself although it is impossible to stop thinking of what happened. I miss him so much and I truly do feel he was my child.. I can't explain it but I put him before everything, everyone, and myself. The support I have been recieivng from everyone I need so much and appreciate SO much, I just can't say it enough. I'm sorry if I have not yet gotten back to everyone, sometimes I just need a break from my phone and just want to spend time thinking of my dog. It feels like the attack was 5 minutes ago still, I can't believe how much time does not exist since the moment this all happened. All I can say again and again is thank you. when I start to do really bad, I read one of the sweet messages about my dog that is being sent to me and it helps SO much. ❤

 


 
 

(WDIO - June 7, 2017)

No comments: