Friday, February 2, 2018

Florida: Last year, woman's "gentle" Pit Bull, that she'd owned for nine years, ate her arm

LAUDERHILL, FLORIDA -- Yasmin Adam, 45, was left lying in a pool of blood after her beloved pup, Sir Hinkles, mauled her in a savage assault.

It took place after she tried to break up a fight between Sir Hinkles and her two other dogs, but instead the pet bit her ear and tore off flesh from her arms.

Her left arm was ripped off. This arm was barely saved, but
she will have limited mobility the rest of her life.


Sir Hinkles then chewed on the bone in her arm for nine minutes before cops arrived and shot him dead.

Yasmin, who moved recently to Florida, said: "I guess there was tension after the other dogs were fighting. Next thing I know he jumps up and bites my ear.

"I knew what was going on but I didn't feel any pain. I guess I was in shock.

"Sir Hinkles went back in his cage then, but all I can think of was that he got a taste of blood because he came right back out and bit me on my right arm.


"After that he attacked me on and off for nine minutes. The dog ripped all the meat off my lower left arm, and that's gone now.

"I just stopped fighting the dog. I figured I was going to die. He kept trying to pull the bone out of my arm."


Luckily a friend also living in the apartment alerted police who pepper sprayed the dog before shooting him.

Doctors battled to save her arm for three weeks before amputation.

She added: "It was the most painful thing I've ever experienced in my life.

 

"I could see the bone clear as day. Eventually, they amputated it from just above my elbow on December 26.

"I'm just working on getting my right arm functional again. He ripped that arm apart too, but not as badly.

"I can't move my wrist and I have limited movement in my fingers. To be honest I thought I was going to die so to have just lost my arm I feel lucky."

 
 
 

Yasmin, who is unmarried, was in hospital for six months after the attack, and during that time her two other dogs were put down.

While Yasmin was upset she couldn't save them, she now warns people about the dangers of owning this breed of dog as, prior to the attack, Sir Hinkles had never shown signs of aggressive behavior.

She said: "I loved him so much. He slept with me in my bed, he never was out of line. He was always so gentle with children and really friendly. He never snapped at cats or little kittens, he never touched a kitten.

 
 
 

"I didn't even have to put him on a leash because he was such a good-natured dog. I loved Hinkles, I had him for nine years but he turned on me in nine minutes. Now I warn people against these types of dogs.

"People always say 'It's how you raise a dog that matters', and I was one of those people.


"And I do believe to a certain extent that's true. But animals have an instinct they can't overpower and that's what happened with my dog.

"I thought he would never do anything like that and look at me now. Don't be tricked into thinking they aren't capable of doing something like this."


911 AUDIO CALL:


This 911 call is extremely frustrating to listen to. This dispatcher needs additional training. She can't locate the address "on the grid" then repeatedly asks for the address over and over, tells the distressed caller to "hold on", then begins asking questions like, "What color is the dog? Is it current on its vaccinations?"

HOW ABOUT YOU BE HELPFUL AND TELL THIS GUY TO GET A BUTCHER KNIFE OUT OF THE KITCHEN AND STAB THE DOG TO DEATH???!


(Daily Star UK - Feb 2, 2018)

Earlier:

No comments: