Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cat killed in savage dog attack

UNITED KINGDOM -- A beloved family pet was savagely killed by two dogs and found dead at an industrial estate in Epsom.



Naveed Asif, 23 from Kiln Lane and a graduate at Kingston Business School, came home one evening to find two dogs fighting over his neighbour’s 16-year-old cat, Blackie.

He said: “My heart sank to my stomach because I thought it was my cat at first.

“One dog was biting into its neck and the other the lower part of his body.

“They looked as if they were fighting over it.

“I have seen dogs bark when they get angry and defensive but these dogs were different.

“They had some mad look in their eye.

“Anything I did to try and scare the dogs away didn’t work.

“Only when my brother came out and we went towards them did they run away taking the cat with them all the way down to the retail park at the end.”

The brothers pursued the dogs and found Blackie’s beaten body later that evening, abandoned by the dogs.



The incident comes within weeks of a similar incident in Chessington in which a 53-year-old man injured his hand prising a cat from the jaws of a dog.

Blackie’s heartbroken owner, Christine Loizou, 59, from Middle Lane in Epsom said: “All cats are special to their owners but this cat was extra special because my father owned this cat and had been with my father when he had died.

“He was on thyroid medication so he was weak in the animal world and animals go for the weak.

“I don’t feel that it’s the dogs fault but I’d like to get hold of the owners who are responsible for these dogs.

“The police said what they need is for people to report these incidents because if they don't there is nothing they can do.” Anyone with information should contact Surrey Police on 0845 125 2222.

[NOTE: Why do people insist on letting their cats outdoors?! I have never understood this. This is what happens when you don't protect your pet cats and keep them inside the home.]

(This is London - June 21, 2011)