Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pregnant woman savaged in Derby street

UNITED KINGDOM -- A pregnant woman feared she would lose her baby after she was attacked by a dog in a Midland street.

Mum-of-three Rosina Reid, 32, was dragged by the large mastiff-cross into the path of cars in Derby, after the dog tore into her arm. Three cars had to stop to avoid hitting her.

Ms Reid, who is 35 weeks pregnant, had to spend three days in hospital because doctors feared the attack could have injured the baby or caused her to go into an early labour.

“I was really worried because I had a miscarriage at Christmas,” she said.

“I thought I could have lost my baby because of the way the dog was pulling me about on the floor.

“And if it had happened 10 minutes later, after I’d picked my son up from nursery, it could have been my three-year-old that was attacked.”

Police believe the incident involved the same dog that bit a man’s stomach, arms and legs in the same street days on Friday. The owner then ran off with the animal towards nearby flats.

(Sunday Mercury - Sept 25 2011)