Friday, March 23, 2012

Pit Bull attacks two boys within minutes

COLORADO -- Two Pear Park boys are recovering from an attack by a neighbor's pit bull.

Daniel Guerrero, 8, was playing by a canal Wednesday when he spotted a pit bull headed towards him.


The 8 year old said he knew he was in trouble because he'd already had a dangerous encounter with the dog days earlier. Says Dryst, "We saw the dog and then I was like, oh shoot, that's the dog that bit me two days ago."

Dryst Keller, 6, was on his bicycle in the same area. When he says the dog coming, he tried to pedal away as quickly as he could but the animal caught up with him.

He says, "The dog bit me on my bike and then I fell off and hurt myself."

Dryst's mom Rikki was nearby and ran to the boys' aid. She says,


"The dog grabbed onto his foot and pulled him down and I ran over as fast as I could and got the dog away from him."

According to the boys, the dog, a pit bull named "Bones," belongs to a neighbor.

Rikki says they've seen Bones running around on the loose before, and this was just an accident waiting to happen.


She says, "I mean, it's not just people you have to worry about. If you love your dog, you keep your dog in your yard."

Bones is in custody of Mesa County Animal Control.

(KKCO - March 22, 2012)