Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pit bull shot after attacking, killing Chihuahua

TEXAS -- A man in the Lower Valley told KFOX14 he woke up Wednesday to the news his pit bull had been shot.

"I found out when one of the police officers came to my door and woke me up saying that my neighbor shot my dog. he sat there and he apologized to me for what happened," said the pit bull's owner, who did not want to be identified.



[Why is the owner of the dog which was torn to pieces apologizing to this idiot? It's all his fault that their little dog was mauled to death!]

El Paso police were called out to a shooting in the Lower Valley involving two dogs and some neighbors.

 The alleged dog attack happened at the 200 block of Jensen Avenue at 10 a.m.

The neighbor apparently shot the pit bull after it killed the man's chihuahua.

"He told me that my dog had jumped the fence, gone over and attacked his younger dog and he thought he was going to attack his grandmother so he shot it," said the pit bull owner.

Despite the incident the owner said he isn't angry with his neighbor.

"I don't blame him. I mean it's upsetting but he did what he had to. If it was me and a dog was trying to attack my family I would do the same exact thing," said the pit bull owner.

He said his pit bull was going to be OK, even walking.

"My neighbor explained what happened and he apologized a lot because he knows how much those dogs mean to me," said the owner.

The owner told KFOX14 his puppy is not even a year old and he is trying to train the dog.

"His curiosity got to him this time," said the owner.

[Curiosity? That's what he calls the attack, mauling and horrific death of a beloved pet?!]

El Paso police and Animal Services responded to incident. They did not take the pit bull away but did cite its owner with criminal mischief.

The owner of the chihuahua killed in the attack said it seemed as though the pit bull was trying to eat their dog, and they were batting him with a broom. The owner also said they were going to bury the chihuahua in the back yard, but animal services took  it away.

The pit bull owner said while he isn't upset at his neighbor; the two might need to mend their fences to keep their dogs apart.

(KFOX - Jan 9, 2013)