Saturday, September 21, 2013

How many times do we have to hear pit bull owners say, "He's never done anything like this before" after attacking/killing

CALIFORNIA -- Oakland Raiders cornerback Taiwan Jones personally expressed his regrets Saturday about a dog attack Monday that killed a Brentwood woman's Chihuahua.


"I hate for something like that to happen," Jones said speaking for the first time publicly about the incident following practice Saturday. "Anybody who knows me knows how much I care about animals. I feel really bad about the situation. It didn't happen at my residence, but I still can't help but feel for the young lady."

Jones' two dogs attacked and killed Olivia Paredes' 12-year-old dog, Chula, Monday night around 8 p.m. while she and her family pet were out on a walk along Larkspur Court in Brentwood.

According to Jones, the Deer Valley High graduate's dogs have never acted aggressively toward another animal or person, and an investigation of the incident is underway with Contra Costa County Animal Services.

(Contra Costa Times - Sept 21, 2013)

Earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment