Thursday, April 10, 2014

Police, animal control capture two 'aggressive' dogs

MISSISSIPPI -- Two dogs that neighbors said were aggressive were captured by Jackson police and animal control on Wednesday.

Residents on Vardaman Street had reported the dogs and said they wandered the area scaring residents.


 


Otis Owens said he was taking his morning walk when one of the dogs charged him.

"He was coming at me (Wednesday) morning," Owens said. "I had my walking stick. Like I told the Lord, he got lucky. I didn't have my gun on me because I would have put him down."

Police tracked one of the dogs, which both appeared to be pit bulls, to a dog house outside a vacant house on Vardaman Street.



As the officer worked to capture the first dog, he spotted the second dog a few feet away on a hill.

The second dog ran at him, but at the last minute, turned and ran off into the woods.

Officers captured the first dog and put it into a cage. They then tracked the second dog to a tire shop on Woodrow Wilson Avenue, where it was hiding inside the building behind some tires.

 

"He ran up in the shop here. He didn't bother anybody, he just scared everybody," said tire shop owner Frank Holdman.

Officers captured the second dog and took both animals to a local shelter. No one was injured.

(WAPT Jackson - Apr 2, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment