Monday, October 27, 2014

Four pit bull mixes attack Winston-Salem kids walking home from bus stop

NORTH CAROLINA -- Four pit bull mixes are being quarantined for 10-days after two kids were attacked.

"They started jumping on me and my brother. So, I was trying to get them off my brother," said Jayla Caldwell, who was hurt during the attacked on Tuesday.

 

The attack happened while Caldwell and her brother were walking home from the bus stop in Winston-Salem.

"The two dogs had the boy leg at one time," said Ray Blue, who said he was at the right place at the right time.

  

 
Blue and several other neighbors helped get the dogs off the children. But not before they did some damage.

"So, I ran in the house and got the baseball bat and came back down the street and try to get the dog off the boy," said Blue. "Then, I didn't want to hit the boy with the dog, it had his leg in his mouth.

"The little girl was the hero in this little dog attack. She told me, take my brother over there to a nearby lady's house and I picked him and took him over there."

 

Neighbors told WFMY News 2, this wasn't the first-time, the dogs were aggressive.

"The community has been complaining about this lady's dogs running them in and out of the house."

The Forsyth County Animal Control director, Tim Jennings, said the dogs got out through an unsecured door at their house. They took the pit bull terrier mixes away and quarantined the dogs for 10 days.

 

"Everyone on the street is applauding the fact that the dogs are gone," said Blue.

Tim Jennings said, the owner is facing multiple fines and possible charges. He also said, the owner was fined for a prior aggressive dog case.

The owner of the dogs declined to comment.

(WFMY News 2 - ‎Oct 23, 2014‎)

No comments:

Post a Comment