Monday, October 20, 2014

Lubbock woman injured in dog attack; dogs shot by police

TEXAS -- Lubbock police officers shot and killed two aggressive dogs that attacked a woman in North Lubbock on Saturday morning.

Police received the call at 7:11 a.m. from Acacia Mobile Home Park at 2317 Auburn Street.

The woman was taking cover in the mobile home park office after she told police that two dogs attacked her.

Marion Bowden works in this office and was there when it happened.

  

"I was in the office when I heard someone screaming out here and I thought it was a fight," he said. "I didn't know what it was. All of a sudden, I come out here and saw the dogs attacking her and had her down and all that. They got me down on the porch after I got her inside."

After Bowden got away from the dogs, he was able to shut the door and call 911 for the woman who he said lives in a trailer on the property.

Bowden also suffered injuries, but he said they are not as extensive as hers.

"She was in pretty bad shape," he said, "because they done attacked her face and everything pretty good."

The woman was taken to the University Medical Center Emergency Room. The extent of her injuries has not been disclosed.

Both of the dogs were still on scene when emergency personnel arrived. That's when they were shot and killed by police.

(KCBD-TV - ‎Oct 15, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment