Sunday, January 4, 2015

Boy, 10, faces years of facial reconstructive surgery after he is viciously mauled by two pit-bulls while riding on a scooter he got for Christmas

OKLAHOMA -- A 10-year-old boy is facing years of facial reconstructive surgery after he was viciously mauled by two pit-bulls.

Bernie Molnar was playing on a scooter he got for Christmas outside his home in Enid, Oklahoma, on December 27 when the pair of dogs broke through a hole in a fence and attacked him.

His mother, Christina Dettling, heard her son scream and came out of the house to find him covered in blood with part of his ear ripped off. His arm and nose were also broken.

  

A neighbor called Patrick managed to fend the dogs off with a scooter before Bernie was airlifted to hospital in Oklahoma City.

He was released from the hospital last Monday, but has surgical staples in his head will need to go through numerous procedures to get his face back to normal.

Bernie was convinced he was going to die during the attack and claimed he felt no pain because of the shock.

'It just happened so fast.' Bernie told KOCO 'They went right through the hole and I froze. The first thing she did was latch onto my arm and shake and shake and shake. I couldn’t actually feel it but I could because I was in so much shock.'

 

Miss Dettling told the station: 'I just heard a blood-curdling scream and I recognized it was my son.

'He just absolutely looked like a zombie with his face peeled back. If it had not been for Patrick, I would not have my kid right no. These dogs were aiming to kill my boy and this is not the first time they have been out.'

According to police reports, one of the dogs was deemed dangerous by the city after biting someone else.


Miss Dettling added: 'The owner had to put insurance on that dog. You know you have a dog that is that dangerous, so why would you have dog like that in a neighborhood full of kids.'

Jordan Soueck has been charged with violating the city's dangerous dog ordinance.
Both of the animals were put down following the attack. 

(Daily Mail - Jan 3, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment