Sunday, May 3, 2015

Oklahoma: Ducklings rescued from storm drain

OKLAHOMA -- A mama duck and 10 of her babies were stuck in a storm drain across from The Village fire station Friday.

One woman quickly jumped into action to save the day.

  

“I was working at a room, and I was hanging a shade…and I saw these ducks with their mama, and then all of a sudden, I seen ’em all drop one at a time into the storm drain,” Tammy Brown said.

Brown wanted to do all she could to get the ducks to safety.

“So I ran outside and I was trying to lift it up myself, and couldn’t. So I called everybody I could call, and then I called y’all (NewsChannel 4) to come help. And you did.”

 
 

NewsChannel’s award-winning photojournalist Kevin Josefy rushed to the rescue.

It wasn’t easy, but with the help of a grabber and The Village animal control officer Tammy, the two were able to carefully pluck the ducklings out of the drain one at a time.

 

The rescued ducklings were kept safe in a box until they were all set free.

The babies then followed their mama all the way to the park where they were reunited.

It was a happy ending for some lucky ducks.

(KFOR - May 3, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment