Sunday, October 18, 2015

Washington: Pierce County pit bull owner, Devin Choi Cannady, charged after vicious mauling

WASHINGTON -- The woman who owns two pit bulls accused of viciously mauling a Tacoma woman is now facing a criminal charge.

Donna Berto was outside a local smoke shop in late July when she was attacked by two pit bulls.


"I started for the door and next thing I remember I was on the ground," Berto said of the attack. "I could feel him biting my head, biting my hand, biting my legs."

 

The woman who police believe owns the dogs, Devin Choi Cannady, says her pit bulls are innocent.

At an August 6 hearing to decide what should happen to the dogs, Cannady insisted Animal Control officers seized the wrong pit bulls.

"Multiple dogs, many dogs, it's very common to look the same way," Cannady told a hearing examiner.

 

But Berto, Puyallup Tribal Police, and other witnesses all say they found the correct dogs.

A hearing examiner has yet to rule on if the dogs should be euthanized. In the meantime, Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist charged Cannady on Thursday with one count of being the owner of a dog that attacks.


(KOMO News - ‎Oct 16, 2015‎)

Earlier:

No comments: