Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Injustice in Wisconsin: Alexis Woiak, 21, given just a year of probation by Judge Rebecca L. Persick for killing tiny puppy

WISCONSIN -- A Sheboygan woman was sentenced to probation for killing her roommate's puppy.

Alexis Woiak, 21, was sentenced to 12 months probation by Judge Rebecca L. Persick on a misdemeanor charge of intentionally mistreating an animal.

Conditions of the probation stipulate that Woiak must receive anger management counseling, must not possess any animals and owes $465 in court costs.

The sentence included a 30-day stayed prison sentence, which could be imposed if Woiak violates probation conditions.


According to the criminal complaint:

Officers made contact with staff at the Sheboygan Veterinary Clinic after being informed a 5-month-old Chihuahua had been killed after the owner's roommate threw it against a wall.

After talking with staff to confirm the death, an officer talked to the owner, who said she received a call from the roommate saying she had thrown the dog because it was "being annoying," but then saw it wasn't breathing.

The owner took a friend with her to the home, where they found the dog laying in the hallway, not moving, with its tongue sticking out. They wrapped the dog in a towel, and took it to the vet clinic.

On the way there, the owner reported receiving text messages from Woiak saying: "oh my God, I am seriously the worst person ever, I am so sorry, I'll understand if you won't ever forgive me, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I'll replace her, I'll give you $200.00."

Woiak told officers she had thrown the dog down a hallway after it had spilled her drink, but didn't intend to hurt the dog.


Earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment