Friday, December 18, 2015

Kentucky: Zachary Gross, 30, charged with ordering his pit bull to attack his ex-girlfriend

KENTUCKY -- A Boone County man accused of ordering his dog to attack his ex-girlfriend apparently took to radio airwaves Thursday.

  

Zachary Gross, 30, was indicted on charges of first-degree assault, tampering with physical evidence and harboring a vicious dog for the attack on Marilyn Stanley, 26, in September.

Stanley lost 80 percent of her scalp in the attack, according to previous Enquirer reports.


A person identifying himself as Gross, who is currently jailed, called into "The Kidd Chris Show" on radio WEBN to defend himself.

He blamed Stanley for escalating the altercation and said his dog was defending him.

 

Stanley "pulled a knife on me," said Gross. "My dog protected me... We were arguing. I was getting loud, you know, I was ripped off of some money. She pulled the knife out. I went to try to grab her hand to get the knife. She started swinging around. At that time, I was only stabbed once. So, I punched her in the face, trying to knock her out so she'd drop the knife.

"My dog came out into the kitchen. Started biting at her leg. She ran into the bedroom. I followed the both of them. By the time I got in there, my dog already had her on the ground attacking her.



"She still had the knife in her hand. I jumped on top of her, holding the knife down, telling her to let the knife go. She wouldn't let the knife go. I feel horrible about how far my dog took it."

Boone County sheriff's deputies said that Gross, 30, beat Stanley on Sept. 14 in his Deer Trace home after an afternoon trip to a McDonald's.

Deputies said that he repeatedly punched her in the face, leaving her eyes swollen to the size of baseballs, then dragged her into a bedroom where he continued beating her.



The ordeal appears to have taken hours, deputies said, based on the time the couple went to McDonald's – a receipt shows that was around 2 p.m. – and when Stanley's family called 911 around 6 p.m.

(Cincinnati.com - Dec 18, 2015)

Earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment