Friday, May 13, 2016

Montana: Little boy recovering after being attacked by Aussie

MONTANA -- A Belgrade boy is recovering after being attacked by a dog over the weekend.

4 year old Brady Coates was playing with the neighbors’ granddaughter Saturday when a mini Aussie attacked him.

“I looked out the window and I saw it and I just dropped everything and ran out and grabbed him,”  said Daiealee Coates, Brady’s Mom.


Before Daiealee got to her son, the neighbor had stopped the attack, separating Brady from the dog.

 “If it wasn’t for my neighbor, though, I don’t know if Brady would be here,” said Coates.

The dog had bitten Brady’s head.  Emergency responders were called and he was taken to the emergency room and Bozeman Deaconess Hospital.


“There are 12 different lacerations that were attended to, six on this side of his head.  There’s one on the top that’s probably the worst - with 12 staples in it,” explained Coates.

Brady is recovering, however he is having trouble sleeping because of pain from the injuries.  Brady is also going to therapy to deal with the trauma of the attack.


The dog who bit him is in a mandatory quarantine.  The dog’s owner will face a judge in a few weeks.  We’re told the dog will not be euthanized because this is its first offense.

As for Brady’s Mom: “I’m not mad anymore.  I’m being cautious.  I would hate for something to happen to somebody else’s child in the future.”

A Go Fund Account has been set up to help with financial losses and costs, click here to donate.


(KBZK - May 10, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment