Sunday, July 10, 2016

New Hampshire: Mom recounts how the family dog suddenly attacked her daughter for no apparent reason

NEW HAMPSHIRE -- "It's been 3 weeks since our lives changed and I thought I was going to lose my child. I debated back and forth [whether] or not to tell my story in fear of retaliation from "the other side." But oh well... 


"Jacklin is 5, she was mauled/bit in the face by a family-friendly pit bull, whom we loved. She will have scars but we are hopeful they will fade in time, it could have been much worse and we thank who ever our angel is that it wasn't.


She sat down next to him to watch Tv , that is all. She had been left alone with this dog many times while us adults were right outside. But not this day

"I was right there with a friend, thank God. I always thought that that only happened to certain breeds that were brought up wrong.

 

"Since that day, I have read horror stories:( A boy in Maine the week before was fatally attacked by a pit bull. I can't imagine what those parents are going through. Jacklin's scars will heal and she is thankfully still here with us but now she suffers from PTSD and is scared of our pets, has nightmares, and is very much not the same little girl she was.

MOM FINALLY FINDS OUT THAT PIT BULLS AREN'T NANNY DOGS
"Before you comment I understand that any breed can turn, but I'm horrified at the research I've done in the past 3 weeks. I feel ignorant. I feel like I should have known.


"Be safe, take care of your babies. Sorry in advance for the graphic photos but if it brings just one of you to do some research and it saves a life so be it. Anything negative to say just delete me please.."

I don't know that this is the dog which attacked the little girl, but even if it's not you can see that they treat their pets like members of the family. It makes it even more heartbreaking that your best friend suddenly attacks you for no apparent reason. We always had dogs growing up and I can't imagine being attacked by one of the dogs I loved so dearly. :(

 
  

(Facebook - July 9, 2016)