Monday, August 8, 2016

Texas: Owner and his two small dogs attacked by pit bull while out for a walk

TEXAS -- Today marks exactly one week from the pit bull attack on Adam, Archie & Flynn. Adam is still healing from the bites, and especially from the injuries to his knees. Archie is 100%. I was able to see Flynn this morning for a bit. I got some tail wags and a tiny belly crawl.

While we were outside walking (I was carrying Flynn at this time) on one side of the strip center where the hospital is, there is a Fitness Center. People were coming and going for their morning workouts and this one gentleman walked towards us. He looked familiar but I couldn't place him. He said "Hi, I go to church with you. My wife is on Facebook with you. Is this the Flynn?" Wow. Just... Wow! What a wonderful feeling that was!


The hospital called me right before he was going under anesthesia this morning and said... "he has a perk to his step this morning. He 'trotted' down the hall to surgery."

The new tissue in his throat is growing!!!!!!! The surgeon is hoping to be able to start closing the hole soon and if everything continues as it has, they are hoping to send Flynn home within a week.

So, the very specific prayers now are that Flynn can/will eat on his own. When he can eat & drink on his own... that will be a MAJOR corner turn.

 

I truly cannot express my gratitude at this outpouring of prayers and support from everyone for our little family. All I ask is for more prayers. Each day has been a victory and your prayers are powerful!!!

EARLIER:
Your prayers are working! Please keep them coming! Flynn is still considered critical. I can't post pics of his throat exposed because as of now only raw flesh & major organs are there. Everything else is gone. They pack the orange sized hole in his throat with surgical grade honey & bandage it. You may not be able to see but he has IV hookups in his paws & a feeding tube in his nose. 

The doctors are telling us they are cautiously optimistic. His infection is getting under control & the dying tissue has decreased dramatically. Now we need healthy tissue to grow on his throat & no new complications. He still has life in his eyes & the doctors have not indicated that we are at a stopping point, so the fight for life continues. 

Adam & I don't have children & this little guy is very important to us. So I just want to tell every single one of you praying for Flynn & us that I feel your prayers and I know our Lord who created all creatures hears them. I thank you with all of my heart. Please keep them coming.

 

ORIGINAL POST:
Based on Fr. Alberto's homily last week, I'm reaching out to anyone and everyone that might say a prayer or two for us. This past Thursday morning Adam took Archie and Flynn on their normal morning walk and all three of them were attacked by a Pit Bull. 

Adam sustained a lot of bites and scratches on his whole body. Archie was bitten on the hind leg, but Flynn got the worst of it. Adam and Archie are absolutely fine Adam is sore, but on antibiotics and the bites are healing well and he really is ok. Flynn is in critical condition and may not make it. and I am really, really struggling. At this point, based on his medical condition, he needs a miracle, which I firmly believe in! 

So, if you can, please pray that Flynn can heal from the infection and that the tissue on his throat heals well. If you don't feel comfortable praying for a dog, I would appreciate prayers that I can handle this. The next 48 hours are super critical. We're really not able to talk right now but very much appreciate any and all prayers.