Sunday, September 18, 2016

Illinois: Good Samaritan raises nearly $10,000 for elderly man attacked by pit bull

ILLINOIS -- GoFundMe fundraiser for Manuel Rodriguez: "If you’re from Joliet many of you have seen Manuel (aka Pancho) pushing his cart through Joliet.

I saw the story on the little village paltero and how a community came together to help their local paltero. With that being said, some friends and I decided to launch this campaign to help Pancho, a hard working 79 year old Joliet paltero man with back problems that was also recently attacked by a pit bull.

He’s been pushing his cart all around Joliet for as long as I can remember and we’d like to help him out with his bills which include medical bills due to the pit bull attack in which he suffered from numerous bites while selling his ice cream. I have so much respect for people like him that know no boundaries and are out there regardless of the weather.


We may not be able to help everyone but helping him makes a big difference to us. I don’t know him directly but I have been in communication with his daughter and she is very grateful for everything. At the moment he is not aware of this but we can’t wait to show him! We will keep everyone updated and will definitely show proof.

Furthermore, id like to mention Mr.McFarland of the Joliet City Council has also joined our efforts to help Mr.Pancho. Any donation and sharing is greatly appreciated. God bless everyone, thank you!"



Update on Pancho: I found out from a close friend of Manuel Rodriguez aka Pancho that he hasn't had the best year, he's been robbed twice, he recently got attack by a pit bull. The injuries were pretty severe, then to make matters worse the owner of the dog wouldn't pay for the medical bills. Even after the fact of him getting attacked he is still out pushing his cart to pay off the medical bills. I may not know Manuel personally but I could tell that he's a strong courageous man trying to make a living, I'm just trying to make he's life a little less stressful..✊??

Update: Best experience, I can't describe how thankful I am to everyone who has donated! Just letting everyone know that I was inspired by the man who started the campaign for the elder from the little village, I wanted to make a difference also. This is a different man by the name of Manuel Rodriguez who lives in JOLIET, IL. thank you all updates very soon!

Juliana Lopez: Born and raised in Joliet, this poor man is in worse shape and can barely push the cart around. I don't think people are that horrible to make up a story, the picture Says it all and if it's coming from your heart to donate, do it without questioning! I wish I can help everyone out struggling in this world but I'm sure every little bit will help him! Let's get him home and enjoying the rest of his time with his loved ones!! Blessing