Monday, September 12, 2016

Texas: Woman's pit bull mauls her small dog; she shuffles the pit bull to a 'rescue'

TEXAS -- "My daughter's dog was attacked by a American Bulldog AND a pit bull mix this morning , She just started work, this was her second day, so I went out to her house and the dog was dug in under the porch. It took over 1.5 hours for the Ector County Sheriff Dept to show up to get her out.... finally, she made it to Angel Vet. Clinic on West University here in Odessa. 432-381-0470 .... If you could donate, it would be appreciated... you can call it in under "Sasha", owned by Jessica Buckingham Coursey ... the estimate given to me today was 450.00-500.00 !!!

"That is a catastrophic amount for me, and I signed the papers... and my daughter 2 days into a new part-time job..... If you cannot, prayers are free... Thank you so much.... I pray our dog will be met with open arms ... In Jesus precious name... Amen


"Her injuries are as follows to date, she has to be knocked out and shaved for all of them ..... 3/4 of her scalp off....belly ripped open, leg wound.... under her chin wound.... several body puncture wounds... ear partially off ....... She is resting comfortably with pain meds right now and will undergo her surgeries .... AGAIN... THANK YOU"

This sounds horrible until you begin to read the comments. Basically, the owner of this little dog, whose guts have been ripped out, brought a 'rescue' pit bull home. A relative lives next door and owns the American Bulldog. Her pit bull and the American Bulldog together attacked the little dog, but she (the owner of the victim dog) doesn't want to believe this so she blames the American Bulldog for provoking it - and that her pit bull mauling and nearly killing her small pet of 9 years was only 'joining in'. 

Marshall Billie Holliday: Who in the world owns these dogs & why are they not having to pay for the medical bills?? So glad the dog is at Angel Vet. Prayers.

Benna Babb: My daughter rescued the bully and the pit bull belongs to her husbands uncle... they shared the yard....

Jessica Buckingham Coursey: The American pit I rescued. Very well tempered dog. My kids could climb all over her. Then my in laws own a messed up pit/mix who provoked it and the one I rescued joined in. And now my dog of 9 years is fighting for her damn life.

Jessica Buckingham Coursey: I'm just torn. Sasha has been here with me for 9 years and my love of dogs got me again. I rescued a beautiful pocket bully. Who was so sweet. Then all of a sudden the stupid pit/mix and my mia got my sasha. I'm so torn Cuz I love sasha and my mia. But I have to get rid of mia. I can't have that. Even though whatever happened now the other I'd like to put a bullet to him. But he is not my dog. :-( so if you can help with donations that would be great and share the post on my page. I can't afford this surgery. She is horribly messed up. I'm on tears. My heart hurts. As to cowboy. And prayers too. On my page all the info is on it.

Brenda Singleton Wallace: So sorry for your dog but don't blame the breed our pits/bull dog have all been so gentle and loving sometimes shit happens you just never know. Always have to protect your dog no matter what breed they are.

Shut up, Brenda.

Benna Babb: no one is blaming the breed, just clarifying what 2 dogs attacked her and the severity of the wounds....

Jessica Buckingham Coursey: I'm torn my two best friends were takin. My sasha is in critical condition my mia is gone now...

Brenda Singleton Wallace: Oh no they put the other dogs down?

Jessica Buckingham Coursey: No I got rid of my mia. She was a rescue and was very sweet now the other NO HE'S STILL HERE! :-( AND I can't apply

Brenda Singleton Wallace: How did u get rid of Mia? You mean you put her down.

Jessica Buckingham Coursey: No I had a rescue group find her a home. She was only following what the stupid shit head out here was doing.

Jessica Buckingham Coursey: Mia was my inside guard dog sasha was my outside guard dog.

I'm sorry, but a responsible owner would have put the pit bull to sleep. Will they tell the new adopter what she was involved in - that she and an American Bulldog ripped the guts out of another dog, a dog which had been around the pit bull the entire time she lived at the household? Doubtful. If Mia were my dog, I would be crying the entire time, but I would have taken her to the vet to have her put down.