Sunday, October 23, 2016

Arizona: Dog named Ginger attacked by neighbor's pit bull

ARIZONA -- My Ginger was attacked by a pit today. The inside of the ear is a lot worse than the outside. Don't really want to touch it for photos. She is 13 and when Cathy found her she was curled up in submission with the other dog standing over her. Very scary. Hope she will be herself when she heals.

Mickey Electro-Rock Robinson: Where the hell did this happen? Did u get the owners of the fucker???

Joe Ryan: I wasn't home. Someone called 911 and the police had to pepper spray the dogs. Not Ginger, there were two pits. They called animal control. The owner came over. He is playing vet bills.

Michelle Mills: Aww did u call the cops or pet control?


Joe Ryan: I wasn't home. Someone called 911 and the police had to pepper spray the pit. The cops called animal control.

Joe Ryan: These dogs are just left in a yard. No attention given to them. I pet them over the fence and they are fine. The only time I have seen them mean, it was directed at other animals. After the one got in my yard and tore Ginger up they both went down the street and tried to get at a German Shepherd, in his yard and muzzled. Someone called 911. The police had to pepper spray them. Police called animal control. That's when I got home.

Michaelene Ryan: I hope the owners are held responsible. Most "animal problems" are really "people problems,"


Joe Ryan: He came over after work today. The dog that attacked her is being put down. He is paying vet bills. Very sorry and cooperative.

Joe Ryan: David Hill, I don't like being called a liar. Take it somewhere else.
David Hill: Joe, I did not do that, I question the facts, since I don't know you, I would never do that, but for the sake of debate, and I mean this in best of terms, who would let an animal in harms way? and how can we prevent it from happening again. If interested, we could rehab animals in the shelters, tell me when you are available. Blaming the Pit is not the answer

UPDATE
Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers for Ginger. She is feeling better and the swelling is going down. She's eating and we have even gotten some tail wags. The owner of the other dog has agreed to pay for the vet bills. It has been traumatic for her and us, but all the support really feels good. Thank you all.