Thursday, August 11, 2016

United Kingdom: Kennel worker suffers horrific injuries after being mauled by Pit Bull and Cane Corso – and cops are powerless to act

UNITED KINGDOM -- A woman needs plastic surgery and could be scarred for life after being attacked by two large dogs – but cops are powerless to act.

Donna Croft, 32, thought she was going to die after a powerful Pit bull terrier and a Cane Corso pulled her to the ground and mauled her.

 
 

She had been helping out at a private kennels when the dogs, which were being looked after while their owners were away, set upon her.

The dogs repeatedly tore at her arms and legs and Donna only managed to escape when her friend Alan Jackson helped pull them off.

Emergency services rushed to Baromar Kennels, near Westerleigh, South Glos., after the attack on Saturday and Donna was taken to nearby Southmead Hospital in Bristol.

 

Donna suffered such serious puncture wounds to her limbs she needed surgery the same day.

She had a follow-up procedure today, with doctors trying to patch up gaping holes in her flesh.

 

Brave Donna said: “When they jumped on me, I thought they were just having some fun, but one went on to savage me. The other dog then started [attacking] me.

“If it wasn’t for Alan I think I would have given up as they were getting me lower and lower to the ground.

“As much as I was trying to get up and push them off me, they were a lot stronger than me.

“The only thing going through my mind was ‘I’m not going to get out of here’.”


Furious Donna wants action taken against the dogs and their owner, but police say they are powerless to help.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said they have referred the matter to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and confirmed both dogs were licensed.


(Sun UK - Aug 11, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment