Saturday, November 5, 2016

Kansas: Man, angered after reading about pit bull attack on little girl asks for prayers for her. He doesn't get them.

KANSAS -- A Salina 6 year old girl bitten by PIT BULL in the face & neck & transferred to Wichita Hospital! The Pit Bull was from Hays & owners was visiting in Salina! The PB did not have a history of aggressive behavior! PB cannot be trusted! This poor little girl is laying in a hospital bed with lacerations about her face & neck & will probably need skin grafting! The PB was euthanized & tested for Rabies!! Please let's pray for this little girl!


RESPONSES TO HIS POST
Amanda Randolph: I'm sorry that this happened. Truly. But you can't say that about just Pit Bulls. Any breed can be aggressive without provocation. I've had all breeds of dogs in my life and every single one of them is still a "dog". I, as a responsible pet owner never left my child or a dog unsupervised. It's a sad thing there's a breed ban out there. People should really read statistics on vicious breeds.

Pat Gilreath: I know Mandy but I feel sorry for this little girl. We had a real problem with Pit Bulls here attacking kids & other dogs that is why Salina banned them. There are other mean dogs but Pit Bulls here have been a real problem here. So have Rottweilers, & several other dogs! Please don't be upset with me but this little girl is facing a lot of surgery & rehab at age 6! I love you Mandy & respect your feelings & beliefs!

Robbie Collins: Sure, all dogs are capable. But very few are physically capable of causing this type of devastation. A bite from a Dachshund is very different than a bite from a Pit Bull.

Roman Melissa Burrows: I'd like to know the true statistics about pit bulls in Salina. My understanding is that it was just a high profile attack that tipped the scale to pass the breed specific law. We also had a high profile "dog caught in a trap" story that attempted to outlaw certain trapping. --That only happened once and started a conversation that Nearly succeeded in changing trapping laws.

Headline could read "hays girl attacked by dog in salina". And leave the breed out until a paragraph in. Changes the meaning. Media is a powerful tool.

Amanda Randolph: While I totally get that, bites from shepherds, labs, Great Danes, Rottweilers, bull dogs, boxers, are just as devastating, however most of those are revered as wonderful family pets.


I totally see the sifting size. But picking out one particular breed isn't fair. They've all had their moments. Heck, I had a friend when we were kids who ended up with 68 stitches (I can remember counting them when she got out of ER) from a schnauzer.

Regardless of the breed, parents should ALWAYS supervise their children around animals. Not only for the benefit of the child but for the benefit of the dog as well. Many times they've been tormented and played with to the point they want to be left alone but a youngster doesn't have that concept figured out yet.

Pat Gilreath: I'm sorry I caused all this!??

Amanda Randolph: It's a healthy debate. There's always more than one side and often even MORE behind the printed word.

Ryan H White The only dog that has ever attacked me was a wiener dog! snuck up behind me and took a chunk out of my leg. It is sad for that poor little girl!!! if he could have got my face he would have


Pat Gilreath: Yes Ryan dashhund's can bite! I was raised with 2 & yes they did bite & my husband & I raised 2 in our 45 years of marriage! Our red one did not bite but our black one did in her last few years of life but she only bit one person! I have never heard of a Dashhund killing a little child or causing life threading injuries. Little dogs can bite too!!! I'm not saying other dogs hasn't attacked but depends on the dog!!

Ryan H White: Right and the problem is what's covered by the media and what makes it to Facebook land

Dani Perry: Totally disagree. I worked for 2 different vets for approximately 4 years. SMALL dogs are more likely to bite than large dogs. Also I owned 3 pit bulls and none were aggressive towards my step sons or any other child.
Janine Morse Crockett I have had pit, and pit mixes most of my life we also had German Shepherds who can be just as aggressive as other dogs. We had our German Shepard as a guard dog and he never attacked any visitors that were welcomed at our home, but if one of us was not outside when you arrived he would not allow you out of your car. Our Pit Tank was better with our grandson than a smaller dog at his grandmother's - Tank (yup that's right he is a Tank) never snapped at the baby even when every part of his body was used as a balancing tool or a ridding toy. It a not breed, but how the dog is raised! !! It's people who raise dogs to be aggressive that should be banned ! One last note on my soap box rant, both the pet parents and the child's parents HAVE to be responsible a fun 'puppy' should never be a baby sitter !! - k I'm done

Pat Gilreath: I understand but after losing our Kyra last week I am just a little bitter after seeing this attack! We loved our sweet Kyra but she was taken from us too early this upset us! Please Janine don't think badly of us!!!!'n??
Pat, please grow a backbone and quit trying to be friends with these people...

IS PAM MINSHALL SUGGESTING THE 6-YEAR-OLD VICTIM PROVOKED THE PIT BULL INTO ATTACKING HER?


Pam Minshall Jones: My son. Has a pit bull mix. She might lick you to death, but that's about it. We had a different breed dog who bit our friends daughter. She was in his face while he was trying to eat. I'm so sorry this little girl was so severely hurt. It makes me wonder what she might have innocently done to the dog. ??

Pat Gilreath: That's true Pam!

 
 
 

Earlier: