Saturday, February 25, 2017

Texas: Mario Cardona arrested after video shows exhausted German Shepherd being dragged by his wheelchair

TEXAS -- A man in Texas is facing an animal cruelty charge after he was caught on camera dragging his dog behind his motorized wheelchair.

A woman driving by stopped and confronted him while taking video.

 
   
 
In the video, you can see that the dog is exhausted and panting heavily while being dragged by the neck.

"Don't worry, I'll call the cops on you," she can be heard saying in the video.

"It's my dog!" he yells back.


Officers say they received hundreds of calls from concerned citizens who saw the video on social media.

That man -- 59-year-old Mario Cardona -- has since been arrested and animal control has taken away his dog. The woman who took the video says she couldn't believe what she was seeing.


"I was really upset. A lot of people told me I should've cut the dog's leash, I should've taken the dog, push him off his wheelchair... and I wanted to do all those things, but I had to think with my mind and not my emotions."

This woman is a hero. They needed the video otherwise it would've been her word against his.


The German Shepherd's name is G2. Tonight she is at an animal shelter where workers say she is doing well.

(Firstcoastnews.com - Feb 21, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment