Friday, June 9, 2017

Indiana: "On Thursday I took my 5 year old granddaughter and my little dog for a walk. We were attacked by a loose pit bull"

INDIANA -- Kim Hall posted on Facebook June 3, 2017 at 12:46pm

On Thursday I took my 5 year old granddaughter and my little dog for a walk. We were attacked by a loose pit bull. We were very fortunate that several men came to our rescue or things would have been much worse.


My dog and I were bitten and my granddaughter was extremely traumatized watching us be attacked. I have since learned loose and mean dogs run the streets of our wonderful town all the time. Something needs to be done to protect our children.

Another issue is while police and ambulance were there, this terrible pit bull was simply held by a man putting his arms around it. The dog could easily have attacked him and escaped to attacked others. It stayed that way until animal control from New Castle could show up. We had to walk past this dog to get to the vet and ER.


When a dog attacks it needs to be confined immediately by the police. Perhaps a collar and a chain kept in the police officers trunk or a cage, or lock the dog in the police car. Something to protect (serve and protect) us.

I am very saddened we are not safe going for walks in our beautiful town. How do we fix this?