Saturday, August 5, 2017

Arizona: "In 2012 I was attacked by my now ex-best friend's pit bull. He had known me since he was a puppy and used to sleep with me when I stayed the night over there. He was never abused. He was loved. He was trained."

ARIZONA -- Terra Howard posted on Facebook July 29, 2017

In 2012 I was attacked by my now ex-best friend's pit bull. He had known me since he was a puppy and used to sleep with me when I stayed the night over there. He was never abused. He was loved. He was trained.

This is how the attack went down. I was leaning up against a wall in their bedroom. Chico (yes, that's his name) approached me tail wagging. He sat at my feet, tail still wagging and pawed at my foot to pet him as he had done dozen of times before.

When I leaned over very slightly to pet him he jumped up and latched onto my face and neck. He had to be pried off of me. After he was pried off me he walked around in a daze and licked my blood up off the floor.

Do you have any idea what it's like to have pit bull almost kill you? I spent 5 hours in surgery, I had over 90 stitches, I spent 4 days in the hospital and 5 years later I'm still obtaining therapy for PTSD.


My dad was in a clients back yard doing some work when the clients pit bull pushed past it's owner while he was opening the door where he then latched onto my fathers' leg. Luckily he was pried off in time and my dad sustained no serious injuries.

My 6 year old niece was sitting on her friends front porch when her friends father opened the door their family pit bull shoved past its' owner and latched onto my nieces shoulder. She required staples and 2 years later she's still traumatized.

My sister was waiting at her friends front door to be let in. When her friend opened the door her pit bull busted past her and jumped up and bit a small piece of my sisters' nose off.

That's enough negative interactions for any intelligent person to come to the same conclusion as I have. There's plenty of evidence out there to tell you pit bulls are not meant to be family dogs. They were selectively bred to kill for decades upon decades. That's a fact that cannot be denied.

Pit bulls are responsible for more attacks and more deaths than all the other breeds combined. As much as I would like to sit here and tell you that you can love the genetic nature out of an animal I simply cannot do that because it simply is not true.