Sunday, November 19, 2017

(October 2017) Illinois: "Joey got mauled by a pit bull at his favorite park last week. It was hands down the most horrific and violent thing I have ever witnessed between dogs and I honestly can't believe he lived"

ILLINOIS -- Stephanie Maurie Salisbury posted on Facebook October 31 at 7:01pm · Geneva, IL ·

No trick or treating for us tonight! Instead I'll be editing and giving my sweet little boy lots and lots of cuddles.

For my friends and family who don't know, Joey got mauled by a pit bull at his favorite park last week. It was hands down the most horrific and violent thing I have ever witnessed between dogs and I honestly can't believe he lived.


I am so proud that our friendly pups are so well behaved off leash, like all dogs that frequent this park, and while they were having fun playing catch, he saw another dog in the distance, also off leash, and ran up to it thinking it was one of his buddies.

The next thing I know he's in the pit's mouth being torn apart like a rag doll. The owner did NOTHING, and I had to run for what felt like forever, and separate the dogs myself. Joey's body was almost completely shredded apart. 

Long story short, I helped the idiotic woman leash her dog, asked the woman 4 TIMES for her name and finally she gave it to me, called the cops, sped to the emergency vet, handled the entire thing myself and never got an apology. They walked away scot-free because she is lying to the cops and told them that her dog was leashed, and I have no idea how to prove that it wasn't.

We are thanking God every night since that all of the damage was just skin wounds and Joey's organs, bones, face, and eyes are fine, but I have never seen this many stitches or smelled anything like this in my life. We are very traumatized and very upset.

So please, if you have a dog that you know is violent towards other dogs or children, please don't be like this woman and don't take your dog to a public park off leash. The whole thing could have been prevented by both parties, and I regret being so trusting of other people's dogs.

Thank you so much Heather Doonan Swader and 'Angie' for ruining dog walks for us forever, but most importantly lying to the cops and not taking any responsibility.

FACEBOOK COMMENT:
Regina Marie Becker Wells
November 1 · Edited
My son was attacked by a pit bull this summer and nearly died. I can’t type this without crying. 2 hr plastic emergency surgery to reconstruct his face. He had a hole in his forehead the dog bit a hole out of his head and 4 teeth went through his eyelid he almost lost his eye and life. His brother helped him. Both are in counseling for ptsd. I can’t type anymore without crying. One of the worst days of my life.

My chocolate lab was also attacked by a dog so my heart truly knows what you and your poor dog are going through right now. I’m so sorry and so glad he is alive hugs and prayers ????

 
 
 
 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment