Sunday, September 25, 2011

Man Saves Girl, 12, From Pit Bull Attack

OHIO -- A Tri-State mother is thankful that the quick action of a man saved the life of her daughter from a neighbor's pit bull.

 William Crutcher said he was on his way home from work Tuesday afternoon when he saw the dog attacking a 12-year-old girl in Avondale.

 "(The dog) was just, like, bearing its teeth and growling and being really intense, so when it grabbed her neck, I'm like, 'This is for real and I need to step in,'" Crutcher said.

 Crutcher said he was also attacked after he kicked the dog in the face and got the animal off the girl.

 "Everyone told me how he wrestled that dog off her, so I really appreciate that," the victim's mother, Danielle Dawson, said. "That's a nice thing to do, to risk your life like that for somebody else, for a stranger."

 Dawson said her daughter, Asia Dawson, is doing OK, despite having nine puncture wounds, including injuries to her face and feet.

 The dog's owner, Tenesha Love, said she is sorry that the dog got out of the house.

 "I wish this would never have happened. It would be the same if it happened to one of my children.
The dog has never bitten anybody before. (My children) played with the dog before, so we never thought that it would actually go out and attack her," Love said.

(WLWT - September 23, 2011)