Thursday, October 6, 2011

Boy mauled while saving girl

NEW MEXICO -- A local boy was viciously mauled by a pit bull last Wednesday.

The 13-year-old was playing with a younger friend from the neighborhood when she was attacked by a neighbor’s pit bull. The dog bit the young girl on her glute.

The 13-year-old jumped in front of the dog yelling “no.”

“That’s when it attacked me,” he said. “It went for my throat but I managed to get my hand up so it bit me on the shoulder.”

As the dog started mauling his shoulder the boy was punching it in the face, so it switched to his arm.

After tearing apart the young man’s left forearm, the dog switched to his foot.

“I found a stick on the ground and started hitting it in the face,” he said. “I was whacking him when a girl got her boyfriend who came and got the dog off.”

(Daily Times - Oct 6, 2011)