Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Terryville woman bit by Pit Bull

CONNECTICUT -- A Terryville woman is recovering after she was bit by a Pit Bull over the weekend.

Alia Carpentier says the dog bit her in the calf and hand.


"It grabbed my leg and I was like 'ow' and I swatted it and it bit me twice on my hand," she said.

It happened Saturday while she was visiting a house on Wood Court.

It turns out this is the second time in a month the 3-year-old Diesel has bit someone. That's why Alia's mom, Jennifer Carpentier, turned to News 8 to find out why the animal is still a pet.

"My issue is that the Animal control officer is protecting and serving the animal, not the town," she said.


There are several "beware of dog" signs visible around the yard. Diesel's owner told News 8 the first time the dog attacked, a youngster was trespassing on the property. The second time teens were taunting the animal with food and trying get it shocked by an invisible fence.

Alia admits she may have tossed the dog a cracker at some point.

"It caught me by surprise, cause I was just walking by," she said. "I wasn't expecting it to bit me."

Animal Control ordered a 14 day home quarantine, but Jennifer Carpentier says she snapped pictures of the dog outside on Monday, just two days after the attack.


Her solution is put Diesel down.

"This dog has two bites on him, I want them to take this dog back into their possession and euthanized him the way he should have been," she said.

Officers say the case is under investigation.

(WTNH - May 22, 2012)