Thursday, May 10, 2012

Video shows 62-year-old woman viciously attacked by two pit bulls

NEW YORK -- A 62-year-old grandmother has been viciously attacked by two out-of-control pit bulls in the Bronx.

The mauling took place on Buhre Avenue when Carmen Cabrera was walking to the corner store and was captured on surveillance video.




The brutal attack took place after the dogs got loose from the man who was looking after them and launched themselves at her.

Clamping their powerful jaws down onto Cabrera's arm, the two dogs caused the woman extensive bruising and cuts.



'They just attacked me and pinned me against the corner of the refrigerator of the store,' said Cabrera to Fox News

'I was trying to block them because they were trying to go for my face.'

After the dogs had been subdued, the man charged with their care proceeded to beat both the dogs as Cabrera righted herself and ran away from them.

'The wounds hurt so bad inside that I can't feel nothing,' said Cabrera.

'It is numb.'

Reflecting on the attack, Cabrera considers herself lucky to be wearing a coat on the day of the attack.
'What saved me was my jacket,' said Cabrera.

'If I didn't have the jacket on they would have ripped my whole arm apart.'




The grandmother filed a police report after she was treated at a local hospital and is adamant that something needs to be done about the dogs.

'They shouldn't be in this community, they are a danger to society,' said Cabrera.

'And they shouldn't be allowed in this neighbourhood.'

The Bronx woman has hired an attorney to explore her options.

The woman listed in the police report as the owner of the dogs declined to speak and it is not clear why a man was caring for the dogs at the time of the attack.

(Daily Mail UK - May 5, 2012)