Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Millville Woman Attacked by Pit Bull

DELAWARE -- Christine Salb, of Millville, says she was attacked by a neighbors pit bull on Monday. Salb's arm was injured and her mini-schnauzer was killed during the attack.

Salb says she was walking down the ramp of her home on the 36000 block of Dover Street when the dog ran across the street from her neighbor's house to hers.
 
"So I picked my dog up and started walking toward the stairs and he got out of the house and came across and grabbed my arm, grabbed my dog, and grabbed my arm again and then killed my dog."
 

Salb would need several stitches on her right arm.  The Kent County SPCA says the dog has had no previous incidents in their records.  Salb and her neighbor MaryAnn Mancini say there have been several.

The owner of the put bull, Pat Williams says she is sorry her neighbor was attacked and even offered to pay for medical bills incurred because of the incident. "It just seems to be that one woman[Salb] who he barks at.  I don't understand.  I was just a total wreck last night thinking about her being without her dog and I'm just so sorry."

The dog is currently quarantined at Williams' residence for ten days.  Major Whipple of the Kent County SPCA says the dog is up to date with it's shots.  Whipple says the incident is still under investigation.

(WBOC - Sept 25, 2012)