Friday, September 20, 2013

Dog sought after attack on Swindon man in park

UNITED KINGDOM -- A man who spent three days in hospital after being attacked by a dog in Swindon says he is worried the animal "is still out there".

Jordan Drury, from the town, suffered serious injuries to his face and arms in the attack on 4 September.

He was walking his Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Otis, on the Angel Ridge housing estate when a bulldog-type dog attacked them.



Detectives are now trying to trace the owner of the animal.

Mr Drury said he was walking his 18-month-old spaniel in his neighbourhood when he noticed a white, stocky dog bounding towards them.

"It was off the lead and as it got nearer the woman [who was with the dog] shouted to me to pick up my dog," he said.

"I tried to hold my dog as high as I could and protect him but the other dog kept snapping and launching itself and it was very strong."

With the attacking dog "snapping repeatedly", Mr Drury said it not only had his dog's hind quarters in its jaws but knocked him to the floor.

"At one point my glasses were taken off, my nose was bitten and it had latched on to my forearm - and it took a chunk out of my arm," he said.

"I was trying to make my escape but by this time I was covered in blood."

Mr Drury was in hospital for three days, where he underwent surgery but he still does not have full use of his left arm.


"I'm pretty traumatised - it's flash backs," he said.

"But our worry is the dog is still out there and it could attack anyone at any time."

Police are conducting house-to-house enquiries in the Angel Ridge and Okus areas to identify the white, bull-dog-type animal.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

(BBC UK - Sept 18, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment