Thursday, September 5, 2013

Woman survives dog attack, speaks to FOX 4

KANSAS -- “I don’t know how many stitches I got.”

Carmen Wimer suffered several injuries after a pit bull attacked her on Monday as she was walking down an alley near the 400 block of North 10th Street in Kansas City, Kan.



Dave Kidwell saw the attack and called 911.

“She was kicking away, trying to get the dog away from her and at the same time he’s trying to come at her face and she’s trying to cover herself,” he said.


Wimer said she was scared and fighting for her life.

“I kept hollering at the guy to get him away from me,” she said. Wimer described the attack to FOX 4′s Robert Townsend shortly after she returned home from the hospital.

“He did get me down on the ground once,” she said. “He’d walk away a little bit and then come back after me.”


 
According to an animal control officer, the dog got off its chain and attacked the woman. The dog’s owner reportedly took the dog back inside but would not open the door when animal control and police arrived. It’s unclear at this time what will happen to the dog.

[In the video clip, it says "I kept hollering at the guy to get him away from me, and he had a shovel in his hand and he was speaking spanish to the dog. and the dog would look at him and come back at me again.

 

This man says 2 months ago his aunt gave the dog to his mother. He says the dog broke off its back yard chain. After the attack, the owners put the pit bull inside the house and wouldn't open the door to officers.]

As for Wimer, she will have to undergo a series of rabies shots, but she said she’s grateful she was not more seriously injured.

“God was with me,” she said. “God was with me, that’s for sure.”

(fox4kc - Sept 2 2013)

Earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment