Sunday, December 14, 2014

Animal control officer attacked by dogs outside his St. Inigoes home

MARYLAND -- A St. Mary’s animal control officer continued his recuperation at home this week from wounds to his left arm that he said resulted from an attack by two dogs last weekend outside his St. Inigoes home.

Eddie Boswell said that he has a 3-year-old pet goat in a cage outside his home in a neighborhood off Villa Road, and that he went outside at about 8:30 a.m. Sunday when his wife heard barking noises.

He found tears in a tarp over the cage, and a pair of rottweilers.

“They were going after my goat. They didn’t act aggressive when I first saw them,” Boswell said. “All of a sudden, they charged me, and they knocked me down.”

Boswell said he suffered four puncture wounds in his left arm, where “a chunk of meat [also] was taken out,” and that “I had to fend them off with [the other] arm.”

Tony Malaspina, St. Mary’s animal control supervisor, said that no citations have been issued from the ongoing investigation, and that the dogs’ owner has cooperated with the review of the matter. The dogs are being held at a regional animal shelter.

“They’re being quarantined at the shelter until the investigation is over,” Malaspina said at his office in Leonardtown. “I’m still getting all the statements.”

From his home, Boswell said he hopes to be able to return to work next week. “I just thank God it was me, and not a kid,” he said.

(So Md News  - Nov 5, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment