Thursday, December 11, 2014

Two-month old foal with horrific injuries was saved by Bristol charity

UNITED KINGDOM -- A FOAL who suffered some of the most horrific wounds ever seen by vets was saved thanks to efforts of a Bristol charity.

It is understood Star’s owners left a tight head collar on the animal for months, causing the device to cut into the foal’s head.




The two months old was rescued by animal welfare officers from farmland in Herefordshire.
His collar had been left on for so long it had sunk into his nose and jaw.

This left the foal with scarring and damage to his facial bones.
Star was then transferred to Bristol's World Horse Welfare where he spent weeks recovering.

He has now found a new home - just in time for Christmas.

 

Charlotte Shepherd, told the MailOnline: 'I just couldn't believe anyone could do this to any animal, let alone a foal.

'I thought to myself, I can actually give this pony a home - I've got the means, the space and the lan
Star faced what was, to my mind, absolute unnecessary suffering and the worst kind of neglect.'

(Bristol Post - Dec 11, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment