Monday, May 4, 2015

Girl, 6, suffers horror scars after attack by cockapoo

UNITED KINGDOM -- A six-year-old girl who wandered into her neighbour’s house was left with deep cuts after being attacked by a dog.

Demi Brazier was mauled in her cheek, chin and nose by Alfie, a four-year-old Cockapoo.

Her dad, Trevor, told the Grimsby Telegraph there was ‘quite a bit of pus’ and blood pumping from his daughter’s face.

  

He said: ‘The cut on her cheek was quite deep. The doctor told us she’s going to have long-term scarring. We are definitely quite wary now, we’ve been on a bit of an edge since it happened.’

Homeowner Kerry Nicholson was upstairs when her dog attacked the child, and didn’t know Demi had walked in.

She said: ‘I was upstairs and I didn’t even know Demi had come in the house.

Kerry Nicholson with Alfie

 
‘The next I knew Alfie had bitten her. The only thing I can think of is that Alfie thought it was a burglar or someone coming in who shouldn’t have been there.’

Kerry called the police straight away.

She said: ‘He’s a genuinely nice dog and I will go to any length to make sure this won’t happen again. I’ve even suggested having him neutered. If he has to be put down then he has to be put down, but I don’t know what more I can do.’

Demi's wounds are healing slowly

Police are investigating.

(Metro UK - May 3, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment