Thursday, December 17, 2015

Owner Creates Bucket List For Dying Dog

MINNESOTA -- Many people create a bucket list of items to do before they die, but one MSU student wanted to create one for her dog who was diagnosed with cancer and given just weeks to live.

Just like any dog, Sadie the Sheltie likes to play fetch.

She's as happy and playful as any dog, too

 

But just a few months ago, Sadie was diagnosed with cancer.

Olivia Anderson says, "I got her for my 11th birthday so I've had her for 11 years, she's basically the best companion."

And as the two have grown up together...


Anderson says, "She's been through everything with me and she's so loyal and so loving."

Olivia wanted to make Sadie's last days... her best days.

Anderson says, "This is my way of giving and thanking her for the years she's given me."

So Olivia created the doggie bucket list.


From motorcycle rides, to running 5ks, to seeing the holiday lights, Olivia wants to make the most of the precious few moments they have left together.

Anderson says, "There's no point in being sad and sulking. I don't want to make her sad because she picks up on that and this is my way of being happy about it and making sure she's happy every day she has left."

And she has a few items left.... that even we were able to help with.




To see more of her adventures: https://www.facebook.com/sadiesjourneythroughabucketlist/.

(KEYC News 12 - Dec 12, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment