Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Iowa: Neighbors, police help man reunite with lost parrot

IOWA -- A Coralville, Iowa man was reunited with his parrot thanks to the help of some neighbors, a police officer and the Iowa City animal shelter.

Marin Fussell said his parrot, Sunnybird, went missing last week. Sunnybird frequently hangs out in Fussell's backyard, flying from tree to tree.

 

"I've never clipped Sunnybird's wings, I've had her for 14 years and she wants to be with me as much as she can," Fussell said. "I looked all over, drove around, did not know where Sunnybird was."

Fussell said he posted a notice of the missing parrot on nextdoor.com and his daughter posted on Facebook.

The next night, Fussell said he received word that his parrot may be at the Iowa City Animal Care and Adoption Center after a nearby resident captured her and called police.


"I just really got my hopes up, but not too high, but I called," Fussell said. "They didn't open to until 10:30, and the lady called about nine in the morning and said, 'Yes, we have a sun conure,' and I thought that has got to be Sunnybird."

It was Sunnybird.

Fussell said Sunnybird gave him kisses and sang to him when they reunited.


(WDBJ - Sept 13, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment