Friday, November 4, 2016

Connecticut: Hero UPS driver beats pit bull in the head with a shovel to save Collie being attacked

CONNECTICUT -- I'm devastated right now. My baby Summer was just attacked by a Pit Bull when we were on our morning walk. The dog escaped from it's outdoor kennel.

It bit down on Summer and wouldn't let go [i.e. locked its jaws]. I was pulling and kicking the dog and it still wouldn't release.

Thank God a Fed Ex man was driving up the rode. He pulled over and came out with a shovel and hit the [pit bull] in the head.


When the dog released Summer, he picked her up and threw her in his truck and locked the doors. The police came and animal control. The owner was called and said she was "sorry".

Sorry for what? Your dog almost killing my beautiful sweet baby. How on earth do people justify having such vicious animals. Why???? Summer is at the vet now and has numerous puncture wounds on her neck and ear. I can't stop shaking. I feel so so sad that I let this happen to her. 😢

UPDATE ON SUMMER
Picked her up from the vet tonight. She's bruised and swollen but hopefully her wounds will heal 100%. I hope and pray that her innocent pure gentle soul will heal as well. She is only 19 months old sad she had to see such a cruel side of the world. Thank you all for taking time to write your comments. They truly made me feel like I am not alone.



Monika J. Jamborska Teitler: So sorry to hear that! I hope she will recover very quickly! Max got attacked by a pit bull when he was only 2 yrs old. We didn't sue the owner, but we should've!

Kim Klepfer Schenck: That is so scary. I'm so sorry that happened to you and to summer. Hoping she makes a speedy recovery.

Monique Delgado-Hitlin: Oh Anne, I'm so sorry. Heartbreaking to witness.

Ellen Cahill: Geezus! That's terrible!!!! How does it keep happening? Do they get into your yard? I'm so sorry, Hank.??????

Hank LaVigne: This large male got out of his yard and was wondering the neighborhood as we were walking Osa.

Anne DeMarco: that dog had kill in it's eyes. I can't believe that an owner with that dangerous of a dog can just say "oops sorry" and get away with it. 😡

Connie Mac: Omg!!!! Annie I'm so sorry that happened!! I hope your baby Summer isn't too hurt. Sending hugs!!!!

MaryLu Tramontozzi Conte: That's awful poor Summer I hope she is doing better.

Ellen Cahill: Oh geez. It's awful when you can't feel safe. :((((

Rica Amity: So sorry that happened - again. I'm glad Osa's okay.

Hank LaVigne: Thank you for that. We have run out of patience with our local pit bulls. We are carrying pepper spray from now on and any dog that charges will get a large dose.



Anne DeMarco: Thank you everyone. Sad that I have to live in fear to walk up my street with my dog. In my neighborhood a few weeks ago two homes were broken into during the daytime. Now this. And people wonder why as parents we are afraid to let our kids be outside playing and riding their bikes. I now will be carrying mace on my walks. ?

Anne DeMarco: The dog owner works at Rippowam Animal Hospital. You would think she's have more sense.

Karen Walker: Does not seem that way

Georganna Di Mattina My collie has never meet anyone she didn't like. One day she got lose and the dog next door attacked her not sure which dog it was there was a pit there. But they broke her front left leg both bones. Her daddy didn't want her to loose the leg so we fought for over a year to save it. She was 4 months when it happened not she is 10. Has all legs and you would think she would be scared of things at least other dogs. Nope still my happy very very very friendly girl lol. Good luck me and Sable will pray for you two.

Anne DeMarco I live in Stamford CT. Nice family neighborhood, with some crazy people that keep wild animals as pets. She'll be ok. But sad the owner of the other dog just gets a ticket.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment