Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Georgia: Woman's little dog nearly killed by a pit bull. Owner says she knew her pit bull "doesn't get along with other dogs"

GEORGIA -- I need some advice....today me and my kids were out walking our dog and he got attacked out of nowhere by a pit bull....we almost lost him.... He is still in the hospital...my other dog witnessed the whole thing he was on the leash in my other hand...


we haven't had her but three days and she finally warmed up to me now I can't even get 4 feet from her, she isn't eating or letting any one pet her she will snip at you....I just don't know what to do everything happened so fast and we are all still on a state of shock...

I am stuck I have never been through anything like this before..,my dogs weren't even doing anything my dog was using the bathroom 5 house away from where this other dog lives and all the sudden the dog was darting at us heading straight for my kids and Scooby my little baby jumped In between my son and the dog heading straight for is....,it was just horrible all I could do is watch and he my kids as the dog tore into my dog..,.until the leash snapped....I was frozen I didn't know what to do but grab my kids and snatch them in my arms....

I just could use some advice on how to get my other dog to trust me again... I think she is just in a little shock as well

Brandi Grimes- Thank you...I don't know what prompted this dog to attack but the owner said that her dog doesn't get along with other dogs and saw my dogs and got out of the house...but I just don't think that's an excuse...I feel bad that their family is going to feel the repercussions of this but I still called the cops...because that was too close to being one of my children....Scooby is like one of my kids...but if they have. Dog that dangerous ....I just don't know...

Monique Jones- The owner should also be responsible for all the medical expenses! When you have a dog who does not like other animals...you make darn sure they never get out of your property! You are SO right: This is not an excuse!

Donald Tevault- Actually, you need to call Camden County Animal Control, rather than the cops. They're the ones who have jurisdiction over these cases.
Monique Jones Make sure you get a copy of the formal written report the Animal Control Officer should have written up though and follow through to see what is or will be done about the dog who attacked your dog.

Stephanie Rodgers- You did the right thing, by calling the cops. If the owner knows that their dog is dog aggressive, they have a responsibility to keep it secured in the house, and on a supervised lead, at all times when outside. You have to the right to be able to walk down the street and not have to worry about an aggressive dog coming after your dog, or your kids.

 
 
 
 
 
 


Update:
**My poor baby is home... you can see the puncture wounds are so deep they thought on his chest that his lung was punctured and the lines are where they glued and sewed him up the vet said he is one lucky pup and I said well he's got angels watching over him