Thursday, November 17, 2016

Illinois: College student frustrated after owners of pit bull, which attacked her little dog, don't want to pay more than 1/2 the $1,100 vet bill

ILLINOIS -- They're giving me such shit. So my sweet little dog was attacked this summer by a pit bull. Both were leashed. We approached them on our daily walk around the park by the lake. I asked, the woman said the dog was not aggressive. It, after 10 calm minutes, attacked mine unprovoked. Mine is a little waggler, sweet licking dog, old and chill as f**k.

They paid 500 out of 1100 or more in bills. They're trying to say since we approached them and their dog was leashed and tethered, that "half is more than fair." They didn't even pay half. They're giving me excuses like their wedding is soon and if I want, we can make a payment plan for more money, but they never replied to emails as to what kind of payment plans and dates they can do.

I'm a student and getting on disability for PTSD. I owe 600 more to pay off credit card bills. That's insane for me. I can't even do that.

I tried to call and make a report multiple times and was sent from animal control to police to animal control. NO ONE would take a report!! That dangerous dog is still out there. :(

I would like to sue in small claims court. Would I win? Is there even a question? AKA, is the law on my side? Also, what expenses are legit? Vet bills for sure, but I also had to pay a lot for transit for so many appointments, plus a few other things.

Thanks!

Chicago, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment