Friday, March 10, 2017

Connecticut: "So, my girl was just attacked by a pit bull. This dog saw us, broke away from its owner and attacked my Savannah."

CONNECTICUT -- Pam Rempfer-Durkin posted on Facebook March 8, 2017

So, my girl was just attacked by a pit bull.

She is fine, thank God, but it was incredibly scary. We were just out for an evening stroll, coming back from the dog park. We saw this dog and another, and crossed the street to give them more space. We are very careful about approaching other dogs until the owner says it's okay.


This dog saw us, broke away from its owner and attacked my Savannah. She was crying a high pitched cry (I think I was too!) and was trying her best to get away.

Bob had to repeatedly kick the dog to try to keep it from latching into Savannah.

The owner of the dog looked horrified...as I'm sure we did as well. He eventually got his arms around his dog and got it away, although it continued to try to get back to Savannah.

 Savannah does not have a mean bone in her body. She is all love and kisses... overly friendly. We have been doing this dog park, and walking all winter and have met nothing but responsible dog owners.

I know, I know... it's the people who make the dog bad, most of the time... but why? Why would you bring a dog like that camping in a RV resort??? Why??? And why would you not have it properly harnessed??? Only a matter of time before something awful happens. I will not go down that street again. And the other dog they had was grossly ( no exaggeration here) overweight. Abusive really.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this here. I guess I need to vent. I don't know any of you who are not responsible dog lovers... it just breaks my heart... and I am still scared.

My poor Savannah seems exhausted from it all and is zonked out on the floor. I gave her a good look over and lots of love. She is fine. Thank God.