Monday, July 3, 2017

Canada: Corgi named Doug and his owner attacked by loose Pit Bull at park

CANADA -- Last night when I was walking my seven-month old corgi in Rockcliffe-Smythe park, an off-leash pit bull ran out of a forested area and bit my dog at the neck.

My dog was swung around for a good five seconds before its owner came running along to help me restrain the pit bull.

Luckily, the pit bull was wearing a pronged collar and none of the injuries sustained by animal or human are life-threatening.


I got off with a few bite marks on my hand and the owner says his finger might be broken. Doug (my dog) sustained the brunt of the attack, with lacerations down the back of his neck and puncture wounds on his cheek. 

I imagine though that, had the pit bull not been wearing a pronged collar, the outcome would have been way more severe.

I'm just wondering if there is any way to make this case heard. The ban on pronged collars was passed haphazardly by misinformed Toronto city councillors and puts public safety at risk. Dog owners -- particularly those with larger, more aggressive breeds -- must be given the tools necessary to ensure the safety of anyone that comes into contact with their animal. #Toronto #corgi #pitbull

(Imgur - June 6, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment