Friday, July 21, 2017

Oregon: Michael Lynch, 76, accused of poisoning neighbor’s dogs faces 64-count indictment

OREGON -- A northeast Portland man accused of poisoning his neighbor’s dogs with a ricin-like toxin is now facing charges including aggravated animal abuse and attempted aggravated animal abuse.

A grand jury issued a 64-count indictment against 76-year-old Michael Joseph Lynch on Monday.


Lynch was initially arrested in May.

Schmidtke said he came home one day in March 2016 to a “vile” message on his answering machine.

“[Lynch] said that he was not going to tolerate this and that I would lose these dogs and he would see to it,” Schmidtke said. 

"I was having a cup of coffee on my patio and I saw him throw poisoned meat into my yard four different times.”

Schmidtke said his dogs, named Bandit and Snowflake were vomiting, unable to move and seriously ill. Luckily, they both survived.

 
 

Court documents state toxins were found in the dogs’ stomachs by a veterinarian. Court documents also stated what deputies discovered in Lynch’s home.

Investigators wrote that they found castor seeds, from which ricin can be derived, along with wrapped meat in a green liquid, a jar marked “botulism poison” and lists of poisons along with calendars noting “use slingshot to shoot meat over bushes,” the dates the dogs were barking and the dates Lynch “threw meat over the bushes.”

Deputies said when they arrived with a search warrant, Lynch told them he was armed and reached for his waistband. Deputies recovered a gun that was concealed in Lynch’s waistband and said he did not have a concealed weapons permit.


When contacted by FOX 12 in May, Lynch said, “I didn’t do anything to his dogs.”

Monday’s indictment alleges Lynch intentionally attempted to “maliciously kill” and “torture” the dogs.

Along with the animal abuse charges, Lynch was also indicted on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded firearm in public and recklessly endangering another person.

An arraignment date on the new charges was not immediately scheduled.

 
 

ARREST INFO:
Full Name: Michael Joseph Lynch
Gender: Male
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Brown
Arrest Age: 76
Date: 07/17/2017
Time: 1:07 PM
Charges:
#1 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#2 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#3 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#4 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#5 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#6 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#7 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#8 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#9 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#10 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#11 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#12 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#13 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#14 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#15 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#16 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#17 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#18 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#19 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#20 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#21 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#22 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#23 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#24 AGGRAVATED ANIMAL ABUSE 1
#25 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#26 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#27 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#28 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#29 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#30 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#31 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#32 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#33 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#34 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#35 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#36 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#37 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#38 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#39 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#40 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#41 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#42 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#43 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#44 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#45 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#46 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#47 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#48 ANIMAL ABUSE I MISDEMEANOR
#49 ANIMAL ABUSE II
#50 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#51 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#52 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#53 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#54 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#55 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#56 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#57 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#58 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#59 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#60 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#61 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT
#62 UNLAWFUL POSSESSION FIREARM
#63 UNLAWFUL POSSESSION FIREARM

VIDEO NEWS CLIP:

 

(KPTV - July 11, 2017)

Earlier:

No comments:

Post a Comment