Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Arkansas: Woman trying to raise money for plastic surgery after she was attacked in the face by her friend's dog

ARKANSAS -- About two months ago, I went to a friend's house and was attacked by a dog. I was rushed to the emergency room unsure of the exact facial trauma.

Upon arrival, I was told immediately I would need to see a plastic surgeon for my lip reconstruction on the right side. I was given nineteen stitches and a follow-up appointment to the surgeon. I was told I would need plastic and laser surgery to repair the lip and the massive amount of scarring surrounding the lip.


Until a few days ago, my family and I were under the assumption insurance was going to cover the surgery. I received a call stating insurance was ruling the surgery cosmetic, and it would not be covered. My first surgery was canceled, because my family and I were unsure of how to cover the medical costs. I plan on pulling a lot of the expenses out of my savings, but it is not enough.

The donations I receive will be going towards repairing my lip and the scarring I have been dealing with. Any amount helps. My friends, family, and coworkers have been extremely supportive throughout the recovery process, and I hope to continue the support from here.

Thank you.
Codie

GoFundMe: Post-Traumatic Surgery Expenses
Created December 12, 2017
Codie Threet
  Medical
  ROGERS, AR
$80 of $2,500 goal
Raised by 4 people in 11 days


1 comment: