Saturday, April 23, 2016

New York: Pit bulls invade home, attack and kill family's dog right in front of them

NEW YORK -- A pair of pit bulls in Greece viciously attacked a family's dog right in their own living room.

The family says the dog, Missy, was a 7-year-old Chinese Crested.

"She was definitely a one-person dog and I was the person," says Sharon Cimo


On nice days, Missy and her brother Bandit normally come in and out of a fenced in backyard through an open sliding glass door. Thursday evening, another dog came in through the same door.

"All the sudden I hear Missy crying out and I turn and look in the other room and there's this black dog on top of her," says Cimo.


It turns out that the dog had made its way from the street, through the driveway and then all the way down a path before charging through a gate and into the house. As Sharon tried to help her dog, a teenager and a second pit bull showed up in her living room. The second dog joined in on the attack.

It was over in a matter of seconds.

"Both dogs just whoosh, calmed down like they were just okay, turned around and walked out the door," says Cimo.


The teenager followed.

"I says, 'Hey where are going, you killed me dog, where do you live,'" says David Cimo.

The boy gave an address and disappeared; Missy didn't survive.

"They examined her they said she had a broken neck and was paralyzed from the neck down. So I had told them when they took her to put her down because I knew she wasn't going to make it."


It wasn't until Friday that someone answered the door at the address the boy gave. The agreed to pay the vet bill and after a discussion with animal control -- they forfeited both dogs.

"Although, I'm a dog lover and I [always thought] pit bulls [got] a bad rap, but after what I saw yesterday, it's well deserved," says Sharon.

Greece police tell us the owner will cited for various town and state violations.

(WHEC - April 22, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment